A network of
- The Patients who fought with courage.
- Doctors who treated with compassion.
- Families who shared the joy and sorrow.
- The Community which wholeheartedly supported in this Unending Crusade against Cancer
|How the Crusade started :
The launching of website www.indiacancer.org in June 2000 was the first bold step taken with devotion, determination and dedication by Dr. P. Jagannath in memory of his mother to disseminate knowledge on cancer to the Public. Since then the website has been seen by more and more people from all over the world studying the vast information provided in it on this complex disease.
Crusade Against Cancer Foundation has been inaugurated by Shri Amitabh Bachchan in July 2001, on the first anniversary of the website www.indiacancer.org . Sympathetic Public came forward to sustain the effort. This trust has grown out of the appreciation by its benefactors and beneficiaries to give speedy response to those deserving help.
1. To give wide information and guidance of causes, consequences, control methods, treatment options, available concessions etc through a website www.indiacancer.org
2. To extend help to deserving persons with promising cure of cancer, which include free surgery and assisting hospital expenses. Cancer is distressing to the patient, parents or dependents The expense starts for diagnosis, surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation. Most often it is beyond financial resources.
3. Trust accepts donations of even small denominations to spread awareness and encourage philanthropy. The donations are eligible for Income Tax exemptions.
IT GAINED THE TRUST: Its activities extended beyond advice and education.
AWAZ Voice Prosthesis costing Rs.10,000/- each was given free to 32 deserving poor patients who had their larynx removed due to cancer.
Treatment support is given directly to the Hospitals to meet the expenses of deserving poor children with cancer but with prospect of complete cure. Starting with 3 children in 2002, so far 112 children and 25 adults are assisted till 2009. In 2009 itself an amount of 7,19,000 was given to 45 children and 13 adults
Project ˜Sahayata is initiated for “donation Direct Donor to Donee linkage
EVERY RUPEE IS USED FOR A SPECIFIC PATIENT
Donations can be sent in favor of Crusade Against Cancer Foundation 22, Alka, 15th Road, Santacruz (West), MUMBAI 400 054, INDIA. They are eligible for IT exemption under 80 G.
Contact: Dr. P. JAGANNATH, MS FICS FACS FAMS FRCS (Engl) Chairman,
Dept. of Surgical Oncology, Lilavati Hospital Head, GI Surgical Oncology,
Asian Institute of Oncology, S.L. Raheja Hospital,
Mumbai by e mail:
Times of India reports ˜After battling Cancer, 9 yr old spreads cheer" “ Big B Doc performs rare 8 hr surgery d 26 “ 12 “ 2005 and ˜Website helps kid show Big C its place d 24 “ 2 “ 2006.
DR. P. JAGANNATH
Dept. of Surgical Oncology,
Lilavati Hospital & Research Centre,
Asian Institute of Oncology “ S. L. Raheja Hospital
CONTENT EDITOR IN CHIEF
DR. DEBANSHU BHADURI, Surgical Oncologist,
Ankur Clinic and the Lokmanya Group of Hospitals, Pune.
A PANEL OF EMINENT CANCER PROFESSIONALS